Hohner Bob Dylan Mouth Organ Harmonica

Honher Bob Dylan Signature Harmonica / Mouth Organ / Harp - Perfect gift for the Bob Dylan Fan.

bob dylan harmonica C Hohner Here's a good gift idea for the music lover just in time for Christmas - The Bob Dylan Signature series Harmonica in the Key of C.

German Company Hohner has been making quality musical instruments of all types for many years, since 1857, in fact, making it one of the world's oldest music making businesses, and the release of this special limited edition item comes at the end of Bob's Latest Tour of Europe and the US.

The single "Key of C" Harmonica costs around $100 US, and I read is available at Hohner Stockists across the USA.

bobdylanharmonicaset When I checked out their website. hohnerusa.com.  I was surprised to find that they even had a real fancy collection of Harmonica's in all keys. Hand signed by the Bob Dylan! Comes with a certificate of authenticity. Goodness knows what that costs?

Now, if I could only work out where to find one of those orthodontic contraptions that Bob Dylan used to hold his blues harp in place, I could hook you up with the best gift an aspiring shape shifter might want for this holiday series.

NOTE TO MY KIDS: This is not something I want for myself, it's just an idea for the gift idea store blog.

Related Links:

  • Update: Bob Dylan Summer Ballpark Concert Tour - 2009 Dates Hotels Tickets
  • You can find your nearest Hohner Dealer at Hohnerusa.com, where there's a Competition to win Bob Dylan's Harmonica (entries close Dec 22, 2009, but you have to sign up to some new beta songwriters website, American Songspace - another one of those social my page space network thingys I've never understood -  to have a chance. So I guess I won't have a chance.)
  • Check out Bob Dylan.com, which is where I found out about this special edition instrument, and where you can listen to portions of almost every Bob Dylan track released.

Some Classic Bob Dylan Video - Bob at Newport - singing my favorite of his songs - Maggie's Farm, 1965.

If you're shopping for a Bob Dylan Fan - Another idea is the DVD from which the above clip was taken - it's called The Other Side of the Mirrror - Bob Dylan Live at the Newport Folk Festival .

othersideofthemirrorbobdylan I own it myself. It's very good value and quality and shows Bob, I think, visiting Newport Folk Festival in 63, I think 64, and for this historic appearance in 1965, from a regular Folkie singing Guthrie and such to the "went electric" Bob who blew the mind of a bunch of people who looked like that Ice Cream Guy who used to sing from the Grateful Dead. I think the song also appears on the  Martin Scorcese Bob Dylan PBS Documentary No Direction Home. I can't remember, but even if it doesn't that's another really good gift idea.

I don't think Newport still has a Folk Festival - but it still has a Newport Music Festival - usually in July: (http://www.newportmusic.org/) and its Newport Jazz Festival in August - here's some 2008 Newport Jazz festival sound and video from NPR of the 2008 event. including over an hour audio of Herbie Hancock live - very cool.

Oh, I'd be remiss if I didn't add - Need Hotels in Newport Rhode Island for the Festivals or other Hotels near Sports and Concert Venues? - also check out hotels near the Airports of Rhode Island? including Newport Airport UUU. 

----------------------------

If I don't blog again until after the holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and a very very prosperous New Year 2009 to all the folks that have helped make this blog site special over the past few months. Sincerely. In the next day or so, I'll post what my kids actually got me for Christmas, I shudder at the thought, and then I'll start on my campaign for what I want for my birthday, April 29.

Godspeed on all your unique gift buying adventures, Cvetko.

--------------------------

Update: December 28, 2008.

My Daughter, bless her soul, got me a substantial gift certificate from Guitar Center so that Fender Classic Series Jazz Bass  is much closer to reality - although I'm still torn between that and the Jaco Pastorius replica fretless.  The boy got me a matching socks and tie combination and hand delivered a letter saying he was past due on his college loan and as co-signer I'd have to...

Where did I go wrong? Until next we meet at the check out...

No comments: